Friday, November 10, 2006

Just My Luck

The last two weeks are turning out to be my personal computer hell. Last week, after seven years of heavy duty my cpu gave up on me. No alarm, I just needed to get a new power unit and that would be fixed. Guess what? As I'm installing the new power unit, my hard disc fails. So, the next few weeks I'll be working with a Pentium II I got on loan from a mate. Talking about primitive communications.

But that ain't of course the worst part of it. Because not only were all of my documents (of six, seven years of data) on that hard disc (Ok, I'm stupid for not taking a back-up), my mp3's of the last six months were too. So now I'm going to have to pay a lot of money to get those data retrieved, because no way I'm gonna spend time re-downloading all that music. But better times are ahead. One of these weeks I'll be able to buy a new cpu for a mere 130 euro's. So, perhaps there is mercy after all.

No comments: